Operationalizing your Customer Journey Map means executing specific tactics to improve touchpoint experiences. It also involves stepping back to develop a thematic storyline across the entire Customer Journey. This is where a Content Strategy Roadmap can help.
Here’s how to begin your Content Strategy Roadmap:
- Form content ideas that address pain points across your Customer Journey map
- First fix operational and UX issues, then focus on marketing
- Be aware attitudes can intensify over multiple touchpoints
- Empathize with your customer at each touchpoint; imagine what you’d want to know/hear
- Use/adapt each content idea across multiple channels and touchpoints to tell a holistic story
- Produce content that can be easily modified to remain relevant across internal, external, distribution channel audiences
Next, address the 9 steps to operationalization in sequence.
Connect these nine points to form a content brief summary. Here’s an example:
In the <1. Compare> stage of the Customer Journey, our <2. Landing Page> content goal is to <3. Increase conversions> among <4. Trail Blazers> by using <5. Innovative>-focused content. A <6. Video> <7. Series> will be used with an appeal to <8. Trend Bashing>, providing ease of sharing through <9. Social Media>.
For a complete list of all the possibilities, see the the remaining BLIPS.